Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year, New Post

There I go again pretending like I am going to blog only to follow it up with months of silence... Well this year is going to be different!! I have goals! I have ideas! I have... well I have good intentions let's just say that for now...

New Years was a great/relaxing/cold/family-filled weekend that was very different from New Years of years past. We spent the holiday in Lusten, MN with Josh's family. On any given night, you would be hard pressed to find anyone but me up past midnight - EVEN on New Years Eve. And as un-exciting as that may sound - I welcomed the extra sleep. I felt like the 2 weeks leading up to the holidays left me with 4 hours a night for sleeping and that was just not enough. And these days, I am feeling more and more need for sleep... My how things change!

I think back to 3 years ago for instance....

Josh and I threw a pretty amazing New Years Eve Party in our garage:

WE DANCED



WE PLAYED POKER



WE DANCED SOME MORE



WE SMILED HUGE FOR THE CAMERA WITH BEST FRIENDS



AND OF COURSE -- MORE DANCING!!



(What? You don't dance with Party Hats as peens at your parties?)


We stayed up as late as we wanted, slept in past 1 (PM) the next day and filled our bellies with a greasy brunch from the Uptown Bar. And then we had this to clean up the next day while we battled our hangovers.








We obviously had a good time... and it has been remarkably different for us each year since. We now have a little baby girl to remind us what we are celebrating in the first place - a new year with her. A new year with us. Taking one look at her makes the celebration part seem less important because I will in fact have to wake up when she does no matter how many Vodka Red Bulls I drank. And I want to enjoy that time instead of regret it...

So - Happy New Year Everyone from the once Crazy Party Girl... Maybe I'll see you in a few years! Until then - I will be waking up to this crazy girl with the crazy hair on New Years Day, and enjoying every minute of it...

No comments: