Thursday, October 23, 2008

1...2.....3.... WEDDING!

SO - tonight marks the beginning of a weekend filled with wedding extravaganza for Josh's Little Sister Gretchen. She is getting married on Saturday, which hopefully will be one of the last beautiful days left in this year - FINGERS CROSSED! My Mom is also coming in to town, to help watch Elliette so we have a lot to do. I have been trying to get all my laundry done this week and all of the little cleaning things. Last night I had to remove the wax from my stovetop after a candle fell off the back and sprayed hot wax EVERYWHERE the other day. Yes, that's right. I said the OTHER day and I just cleaned it last night. For those that don't know my cleaning habits - my house is generally CLEAN and at the very least, always picked up. I can't really relax until I don't see clutter or things out of place. I have such a need for clean that I have given up having a cool wardrobe, dinners out and whatever else I need to sacrifice in order to have my cleaning lady come every 2 weeks. It's like better than ANY of those things to me. And totally the only way Josh and I can live in a house together. So - to leave the stove for 3 days with wax all over it was TORTURE. I would purposely walk by it with my eyes averted and refuse to cook in order to avoid it. But last night - it stared me down while I was putting groceries away and taunted me until I gave in and cleaned it - which took 45 minutes. DONE. THANK GOD.

So tonight the wedding blow out begins with a dinner with all the girls at Molly's, rehearsal dinner on Friday and the Wedding on Saturday - with an open bar at the reception - PARTY! And then brunch on Sunday. I may just need a weekend for my weekend!

This wedding stuff isn't ALL bad - on Friday I will be getting a complimentary manicure and pedicure, and honestly the last time I had one of those, I was whoring it up at the bar every night spending my paycheck on highlights and raspberry kamikaze's.... Ahhhhh the good ol' days..... I also had an excuse to buy a new dress to fit my "new" body (Damn you Elliette!) But on the other hand - I had to buy a new dress... Which means I had to go to the store and TRY STUFF ON - which I HATE! I think I actually tried on 36 dresses before I found one. Now, if I could only find a place to wear it other than this wedding, I could justify the price tag! Maybe while cleaning the tub????

No comments: