Saturday, March 29, 2008

Okay okay - I will update!

Either I am a freakish 16 days overdue OR I am just really bad at updating.... And yes - I am just really that bad at updating. But I have good reason! I have a 2.5 week old baby at home now! Thats right - Miss Elliette Elizabeth Thacker was born on March 13th - Her ACTUAL due date - how cool is that? She wieghed in at 6lbs. 15ozs. and was 20 inches long. She is as cute as a button and I can't believe how much she has changed in the last 2 weeks. I can only imagine it goes faster after this.

I am breastfeeding away and therefore not sleeping AT ALL. I am considering breaking out the pump today and trying my hand at milking myself to see if I can get any worthwhile sleep during the night. I know they say you should wait until 4 weeks before you pump - but I fear if I wait until then I will have died from sleep deprivation. My Midwife says it's okay so I will take her word for it. Missy Mis-demenor is a pro nurser so I can't imagine she will have any issues with nipple confusion and whatnot.

So what is it like? It's awesome! I can't even put it into words what it feels like to have a part of you looking into your eyes and screaming! And when she is not screaming - she is so totally cute and perfect. She does scream a lot however. I think that she may be hitting a developmental milestone - "sas-ass" since rounding the 2 week mark. Boy oh boy do we ever have our work cut out for us! I can't imagine what 13 will look like.....

Josh is doing great as a Dad. He LOVES changing diapers and having her suck on his finger while waiting for the boob. He also has an uncanny ability to beatbox dance with her that immediately calms her down. It's quite amazing. He has been working on a job pretty much the whole time since she has arrived - but it is finally over and he is taking an extra week off of work so we can all hang out with NO work interruptions. It will be so nice for him to have some extra time with her before he has to head back into the office. It's pretty crazy to watch someone you for so long have loved as a boyfriend, lover, etc turn into the father of your child. It is totally emotional and overwhelming. I am so proud of him and can't wait to see how thier relationship grows. She is a lucky little girl!

So now - I am sure all of you are wondering - okay - so how did it all go down? Birth story! Well - you will have to wait. I have written it down very loosly and still need to refine a few details. BUT - I will have it posted on my blog by next week - I SWEAR! Just know that we both came out very healthy and I am recovering great. I am actually only 6 lbs away from my Pre-pregnancy weight. And judging by the size of my boobs - I may be down a few extra from that! I do have some sweet looking flabby flab on the belly area from the C-Section, but let's not talk about that right now...

For now - enjoy this adorable photo of my angel and check out Josh's flickr page for more - http://www.flickr.com/photos/muzzfuzz/ (you may have to paste that into your browser --- cause I am lazy!)

No comments: