Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Okay - so NOW it's official...

Apparently I had my info wrong and THIS week (tomorrow) is technically the first day of my last trimester... So 12 weeks to go. I can do this! After this last weekend we got a ton of work done around the house so I am feeling MUCH better about being ready for this kid to come!

We had a fun filled weekend of party party and more party - with a dash of party thrown in. Seriously so many parties. First - the Periscope Holiday party at the Metropolitan Ballroom. Very swanky - great food 3 free drink tickets each, which means Josh totally hit the alcoholic lottery and some super sweet people watching out on the dance floor. We didn't stay very long - since I am pregnant and I can't hate ALL my coworkers based on how lame they all are when drinking. And then we headed over to a friend's house for a KEG PARTY. It was nice to see all of our friends since we don't get out too much these days. We may have been overdressed - but that would not stop me from partyin' with the ferrets!




Here are a few photos my friend Nate took:

Me at 27 weeks!



And here is Josh and I with good friends Kolby and Jess





THEN we had the lovely? Fischer Edit holiday party... It was a little different this year as we didn't get the fancy gourmet meal and live music - instead we got a over-staffed volunteer experience and a bowling alley. We were asked to volunteer for an organization that provides gifts to families that cannot afford them. The only drawback was that of the 30 of us that showed up from Fischer - only 3 of us REALLY needed to be there. There was quite a bit of "downtime" and we kinda felt as if it was an experience that was not for those that were looking to make a difference. Oh well. THEN we went to the Park Tavern Bowling Alley where everyone was celebrating a 12th birthday! So it kinda felt like we were in a time warp except with beer and people you work with. Only I didn't even have the beer to comfort me. We didn't stay long - and by the time we left that party and were headed home - I was ready to not see people for a day. Sometimes being pregnant is REAAALLLY taxing - not only on your body - but on your nerves as well. After the Hollidazzle Party on Thursday, the Periscope Party on Friday and the Fischer party on Saturday - I honestly didn't think I would ever want to talk about being pregnant again. EVERYONE wants to know - "how are you feeling" "When are you due" "Can you feel it" "Are you excited"... and believe me - I LIKE that people want to know - but in the quantity that I dealt with - I was OVER it! I wish I could have taken off the belly for the night and just hung out. Now it's been a few days with no fussing and so I am back to being in love with my belly. But man! I hope I am not the only one that gets a little overwhelmed by the attention of being pregnant.

One good thing that came out of the weekend was the progress on the baby room! We finally removed all of Josh's office stuff and he was able to paint the whole room AND put together the crib and the dresser. I am so happy to finally have a place for the stuff. It's coming together - but there is still lots to do. Now is the fun part! Here are some photos - they are a little dark - but you get the idea... More to come!

My hard-working Honey

Cool Dresser

The Baby Room
Oh - AND - after fretting about baby shower stuff - wondering how to approach friends with it and whatnot - a dear friend from my past Catherine has stepped up and offered to throw one for me! I could not be more relieved! She is such a sweetheart and I know it will be incredible! She wants the theme to be Mock-tails and fun appetizers - like Buns in the oven - get it??? I love it! So that is now off of my worry plate - WHEW!

1 comment:

jody said...

Baby room looks awesome! I love that crib. Nice paintin' job, Josh!