Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A serious gap in time?

WOW - I just realized that I read like 75 bogs (okay NOT 75) daily and I have not even bothered to update my own in years. LAME. Also - since I have real official news that I should have told you about like 6 months ago I figured I should update already... So for everyone or anyone who actually reads this - and then of those 3 people - the ones that don't already know this - I am totally 6 months PREGNANT! Yes. I work. Down there. And so does Josh. It's a very relieving feeling since I have gone 28 years without so much as one "whoops" and you start to wonder if it's more than just me being REALLY good at being careful.

So that is the big news in the Thacker-Stavig household right now. And now on the the questions that I have found EVERYONE wants answered since it's totally all of their business anyway....

1. This was not an "accident" - we actually had a conversation that started at the Modest Mouse show with Josh saying "I think I am ready to have babies..." and then of me saying "SERIOUSLY? OKAY!" Cause we all know that I LOVE babies and have been patiently waiting to someday have my own... And playing with dolls at my age is a bit much... We are one of the lucky couples who say - "let's stop trying NOT to get pregnant and see what happens" - and then the next month I am pregnant.. I guess trying NOT to get pregnant works! So much for the fun "trying" part. :)

2. We are NOT getting married at this time. We have always in the back of our minds - well at least mine -known that we would someday - but neither of us have ever been in a big hurry to do so... Josh has a previous bad experience with marriage and since I was in love with this boy - I respected his position and never pushed it. I didn't want to wait forever to have a family cause as you get older - things get more complicated and the next thing you know - you are 35 and can't have babies anymore. I also wanted my Mom to have plenty of Grandma time since I cherish the relationship I have with my Grandma I really wanted that for my babies... My Grandma Judy is still way awesome and totally excited to be a part of this babies life as well and that makes me so happy....

3. The baby's last name will be Thacker - But that is with the assumption that Josh will someday make an honest woman out of me and that will be my last name at some point too... That way there is no confusion later. Although it does make me sad to think that I will leave the hospital with a bundle of joy that has a different last name than me - in the end - it makes the most sense....

4. It's a GIRL! I know I know. I already have a closet full of the most adorable outfits EVER. She will be spoiled.

5. I am due March 13th...

6. We think we are going to name her Elliot. Of course this will all depend on if her faces matched that name... And if she comes out with something going on down there - the name will still work!

We are working hard on getting ready for her arrival by redoing the basement so we have another bedroom. Josh's current office will be her room once it's cleared out. I am officially in nesting mode and am absolutely insane. I think once I have a room I will calm down - but until then, I am a nervous wreak completely sure that this baby will be coming 2 months too soon and there is NO WAY I will have it all done. I am about 1 - 2 weeks out from having a room finally - but it's not soon enough if you ask me. Or if you ask Josh. Or anyone who knows me.

I am totally belly bumping right now - which is exciting because it makes it real. I can feel her kick all the time - and though at first it was a little weird - now I love knowing she is alive and kicking. This pregnancy has been a breeze as far as the side effects go. I had no morning sickness and only the major fatigue. I am loving the second trimester energy and aside from the gross acid reflux - I am having fun being pregnant. I hope that doesn't mean that my delivery will make up for all the "easy" months of growing her... God - let's not go there quite yet. I am totally freaked at the prospect of birthing something as simple as a giant shit - let alone a HUMAN BEING...

Check out the belly photo from 21 weeks - I am 24 now so much more gigantic....

_DSC0127

All in all - Josh and I could not be more excited about this new adventure. We have lot's of preparing to do but once she's here - it will all be worth it. I still can't believe I am going to be responsible for another human! Especially considering I learned how to beer bong JUST THIS YEAR! I can't wait to teach her!

For photos on the home improvement go to Josh's Flickr Page - Or mine

No comments: