Monday, November 14, 2005

Seasons Change.... People Change....

So, I talked to a girl who a few years back I would have called my best friend - until of course she wrote me off her list of friends after a ridiculous mis-understanding. I am not even going to go into it, but it was stupid enough for her to approch me after two years of hating me at a wedding - when she was wasted - to apoligize and take shots. I was sure she was crazy, but I thought it better to humor her than to fight back so I took shots and tried to get over it for the night. I never call her really and I have no interest in a friendship - especially after the way she would turn on someone the way she did me for the stupdiest thing. She was a lot different from me and I just couldn't see us getting close ever again. See, she has develped a love for 4 wheeling, Nascar, Busch Light and Jerry Springer. All things that I can't get into to - even for a friend. There are reasons that people are friends - you have things in COMMON.

Anyway - when we were friends, she always had a way of getting what she wanted, or manipulating her husband into being exactly the way she thought he should be. It was hard to watch her take that Man and turn him into a lifeless, submissive, helpless human, but she did. They met in college and it wasn't long after that - she decided that they needed to be engaged - so they were. Then not long after that, she decided they needed to be married. I am assuming that it would make it easier for her to say - " no - you can't go to band practice tonight because I am your wife and I say no" So she made him go to the courthouse and get married just because. No family - no friends. Just because. I am not assuming any of this either. Sometimes when he would get drunk he would give me a little insight into how they became so "entangled". I always felt so bad for him. I always told him that he deserved so much better. But he was made to think he could do nothing. He never touched his own money. He never did the laundry. He never was allowed to decorate the house or decide what he would do from one night to the next. She wanted him to feel helpless so he would never leave. She even moved them to Buffalo MN 2 years ago so that he would have no connections to his old friends and she could be out in the country with 4-wheelers and B-B Guns all the time. He went along with it all - which I realize was his own fault. Be a man! Stand up for yourself!! It was hard to watch.

SO --- after all that back story! I get a call from her yesterday. She left me this extemely urgent - "Call me right away" kinda message so when I couldn't get a hold of her - I call her husband. He sounded terrible and he told me that she asked him for a divorce last week and he was a mess. I couldn't believe she would ever leave him. I always thought that she needed him there so that she had something to control and without him, she would be lost. But apparently not. After I got off the phone with him - she called me back. Not only was she talking about this whole thing as if it was no big deal and how much of a baby her husband was being about this whole thing - she tells me that she has be f'ing her neighbor for the last week! How seriously white trash is that? Of course her husband has no idea and she has no intentions of telling him. But she has the balls to tell him to get out of the house they bought together out in the middle of no-where after 7 years of marrige? I am in disbelief that this shit happens. I am so sad for that poor guy. He has no idea how to make food, do laundry, manage a checkbook or any of those things that we all learn in college. I know it's mostly his own fault, but if you had met this woman - you would understand a little more.

So officially - I am going to say she is crazy. And unofficially, I am going say I am glad. This gives me a great reason to not talk to her much any more. I can't be around that kinda WT. It's totally contagious.

It was raining slush today - you know what that means.... 5 more degrees colder and it would'a been snow. Scary.

No comments: