Friday, November 18, 2005

Daytime TV

I hate when I look at the clock and it's 4:00 - cause Trading Spaces just finished - and I have wasted on my couch almost 3 hours???? It happens sometimes. The daytime TV suck-in. First it starts with Days of Our Lives - very innocent. Usually I am getting ready and it's just on. It doesn't ALWAYS suck me in. But if I am moving slow and get downstairs without showering... I end up watching TLC - Bringing Home Baby at 1:00. Then of course right after that Starting Over is on at 2:00 and then Trading Spaces at 3:00. All of these shows make no impact on my life. They all kind of leave me feeling like I need something I don't or just stupider after seeing them. So why do I allow myself this sort of tourture? I can't explain why I would rather sit in pajamas, with dirty hair and bad breath and find out what happens to Lisa on Starting Over! She teteering on be booted out! I mean - HELLO! And what if Marlana gets her memory back and smacks that stupid amnesia doc in the teeth and finally sees John for what he is? And if Shawn and Mimi get it on - and I was not there to see it ---- oh god - I don't want to think about it.

So sometimes not having a regular job is a challange. I struggle every day to make myself useful. Sometimes, there is not a lot you can do about it but watch this dreadedfully wonderful daytime TV. I do other stuff at the same time though. Today I looked up Squash and Pumkin Bisque recipies all day and found a couple I would like to try for Thanksgiving. I also went though craigslist.com to see if there is anything good for the new house and cleaned up a bit. So I was multitasking! I guess I need to find a real job - or get a real hobby... :)

2 comments:

hoLynn said...

yo biatch... we need to get our unemployed freelancing asses together during today for some lunches!! and by lunches i mean drinks.... and by drinks i mean starting at noon.... and by noon i mean 1:00.......

joe said...

i like tv.